- RSS Channel Showcase 1957795
- RSS Channel Showcase 3030229
- RSS Channel Showcase 2339745
- RSS Channel Showcase 8749181
Articles on this Page
- 04/06/16--07:19: _WATCH: “The BFG” Tr...
- 06/29/16--07:25: _This Deleted Scene ...
- 08/16/16--09:03: _This Commercial May...
- 08/18/16--05:01: _Three New Harry Pot...
- 09/26/16--08:31: _Moms, Get Your Klee...
- 11/17/16--05:44: _Doc McStuffins: Sea...
- 12/01/16--06:39: _Christmas According...
- 02/01/17--17:33: _Heart & Stroke Foun...
- 03/16/17--17:26: _Tax tips every pare...
- 03/18/17--11:34: _Concussions and our...
- 03/26/17--14:25: _Study shows you’ll ...
- 04/05/17--17:38: _12 little ways to m...
- 06/30/17--06:31: _Crowd Safety Tips f...
- 07/04/17--09:26: _Ottawa again declar...
- 07/06/17--13:54: _50 ways to get your...
- 07/07/17--14:23: _A super-easy DIY sa...
- 07/08/17--07:08: _8 life jacket tips ...
- 07/12/17--17:35: _When your kid gets ...
- 07/21/17--09:27: _Slow Moving Kids In...
- 07/30/17--11:11: _Need Some Yummy Ide...
- 04/06/16--07:19: WATCH: “The BFG” Trailer
- 06/29/16--07:25: This Deleted Scene From Zootopia Will Break Your Heart
- 08/16/16--09:03: This Commercial May Cause Military Man Tears
- 08/18/16--05:01: Three New Harry Potter Books Are Coming
- 09/26/16--08:31: Moms, Get Your Kleenex Ready
- 11/17/16--05:44: Doc McStuffins: Season 5 Is A Go
- 12/01/16--06:39: Christmas According To Kids
- 02/01/17--17:33: Heart & Stroke Foundation calls for ban on food ads to kids
- 03/16/17--17:26: Tax tips every parent should know
- 03/18/17--11:34: Concussions and our kids: could this helmet be the answer?
- 04/05/17--17:38: 12 little ways to make your kids’ day
- 06/30/17--06:31: Crowd Safety Tips for Kids
- 07/04/17--09:26: Ottawa again declared ‘Canada’s Best Place to Live’
- 07/06/17--13:54: 50 ways to get your kids off screens this summer!
- 07/07/17--14:23: A super-easy DIY sandbox (and 20 other awesome summer hacks!)
- 07/08/17--07:08: 8 life jacket tips for your kids you need to know
- 07/12/17--17:35: When your kid gets their first bee sting
- 07/21/17--09:27: Slow Moving Kids Inspire This Hilarious ‘Despacito’ Parody
- 07/30/17--11:11: Need Some Yummy Ideas To Keep Cool This Summer? Look No Further!
There’s a new trailer for Steven Spielberg’s The BFG, and we finally get to see what the big, friendly giant that gives the film its name looks like! This was a book by Roald Dahl that I absolutely loved as a kid. If you or your family doesn’t know it, it’s perfect for read-aloud story
Read the Rest of the Entry
The new Disney animated movie, Zootopia, is a modern day parable about stereotyping and judging others by what they look like. Pretty heavy stuff, but Disney manages to make it a lot of fun and it’s quickly become one of my daughter’s favourite movies. The film went through a few editions before the animators decided […]
Get the tissues out because this commercial about growing up with a parent in the military has all the feels! I grew up an airforce brat and even though I was fairly lucky and dad didn’t have too many long deployments, he was still away as much as he was home. Lots of quick phone […]
Did you hear the news? A HUGE announcement yesterday that J.K. Rowling has written and will soon release three new Harry Potter books, or at least three new collections of short stories set in the Harry Potter world. Some people were really disappointed with Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two because it wasn’t a traditional […]
This IKEA commercial from France brings out all the feels! For the people that raised us, we may always be the little ones that couldn’t pronounce spoon or put their shoes on the right feet. But, everybody grows up. And as proud as every parent may feel, there’s still a tiny little voice inside asking: […]
When Disney posted its list of shows that we’re being renewed back in June, one popular show – Doc McStuffins – was missing. It that features an African-American Dottie McStuffins, a.k.a. “Doc”, who wants to be a doctor like her pediatrician mother. In the meantime, she fixes broken toys and, more recently, toy pets. We […]
What happens when you ask a group of kids to explain the Christmas story? For Southland Christian Church, in Kentucky, you become a viral hit! I’m not even religious, and I absolutely loved this! “You the best baby I ever seen! There. I said it.”
One of the most respected health organizations in Canada announced they will petition the federal government to restrict the advertising of certain foods to children and teens because of what they see is a growing threat to good health. CityNews has the story. Do you think an ad ban is the answer to childhood obesity? […]
The RRSP deadline has come and gone, the T4s have arrived, and now it’s just a matter of deciding when. When…you want to roll up your sleeves, spread all that stuff over the kitchen table, and do your taxes. Back when you were young and single that was a fairly simple proposition but now it’s […]
It’s become a major concern for parents: the chance their kids will suffer a concussion while playing sports. It seems to happen more now than ever before, and a Canadian man thinks he may have the answer. CityNews has the story! photo credit: CityNews
It’s every parent’s goal: raising happy, well adjusted kids who in turn become happy, well-adjusted adults. According to new research there’s a secret to achieving this, and it focuses on one key thing. Inc.com has the details! photo credit: Pixabay
Sometimes all it takes is one little thing to make your day. Well, it’s the same for your kids! Today’s Parent magazine has come up with 12 simple, small things that will make them smile….and in turn, as you well know, you smile too. photo credit: Public Domain Pictures
Canada Day celebrations can get busy and crowded. Here are a few tips in case you and your little ones get separated. Share this post with other parents and post any other tips you have in the comments! – Take a photo of your child at the start of the day/event so you have exactly […]
Where is the best place to live? Many Canadians are convinced they already know the answer: Wherever they are now. But as proud as we are of our hometowns, there are some cities that simply have it all. And for the second consecutive year that place is Ottawa. Year after year, our nation’s capital excels […]
Me during summer vacation? Game shows. I used to LOVE watching game shows, and would get yelled at all time to TURN OFF THE TV AND PLAY OUTSIDE! Sigh. Now, it’s all about smaller screens, and I’m the one yelling. What to do? Check this out: Today’s Parent magazine has 50+ ways to get your […]
A simple sparkler hand-protector. Fab tips on getting uncooperative kids to put on sunscreen. Today’s Parent magazine have come up with 21 awesome summer hacks you gotta try! photo credit: Flickr
Every summer tragedy strikes. You only have to look away for a second…and suddenly the unthinkable happens. Today’s Parent magazine has a must-read for every parent before heading to the lake or the pool: 8 life jacket tips that might save your child’s life. photo credit: Wikimedia Commons
It’s bound to happen. And it’s going to be a kind of hurt they’ve never before experienced. Today’s Parent magazine explains what to do when your child is stung by bee, wasp or hornet this summer.
‘Despacito’ has blown up into the song of the summer and the name – which translates to “slowly” – inspired a couple of moms to create this hilarious parody. “Come on, let’s go, or we’ll be late again. How’d you lose your shoes, you were just wearin’ them.” Laughing Moms ask, “Do your kids move […]
Popsicles are one of the staple treat for summers! Instead of using plain juice, pop or powdered mixes, put a side an extra 5-10 minutes and create yummy, refreshing, hydrating treats the whole family will love. Get all the easy recipes HERE. (Plus, they’ve included some ‘adult only’ recipes for you to enjoy once the […]